This policy is required to be followed by all NCAFM 2018 participants.
We want NCAFM to be a harassment-free event, where everyone feels comfortable, regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity or religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
In a nutshell: Respect everyone’s choice. Do not pressure anyone into doing anything they do not wish to do. If someone seems reluctant, let them be and if they state their uninterest do not press the matter. Do not joke or express opinions that do harm.
- Racist, sexist, ageist, sizeist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or any other form of exclusionary or offensive speech or actions are unacceptable.
- Do not comment on or insult other people’s looks, clothing, or any aspect of their appearance.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices are unacceptable.
- If someone states their discomfort with the current discussion topic or the kind of jokes, respect their wish and do not continue with the topic.
- Do not make offensive jokes. Hateful speech is unacceptable even in the form of a joke.
- Do not make unwelcome sexual remarks at or about other convention members, venue staff, or any associated personnel.
- Do not keep talking to someone after they ask you to stop.
- Do not continue seeking interactions with someone after you have been asked to stop or they have otherwise indicated that they do not want one-on-one contact. Stalking behaviour is unacceptable.
- Do not touch someone without their permission.
- Do not share with others any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent.
- It is not acceptable to touch people’s belongings or clothing without their permission. An exception applies if taking an unattended item to the lost and found.
- Do not touch people’s service animals or accessibility devices without their permission.
- Do not pressure anyone to eat or drink anything.
- Do not try to intimidate anyone or threaten them with violence. Any kind of violent behaviour is unacceptable.
- Continuous disruption of talks or other events is unacceptable.
- Do not take pictures or videos of individuals without their explicit permission.
- Do not publish or distribute personally identifiable photographs without the permission of all involved. Publishing pictures of a person in a public space, e.g. a group shot, may also require their consent unless the person clearly is not the main subject of the image and the picture does not cause them any damage, suffering or harm.
- Do not advocate for or encourage the violation of this Anti-harassment Policy, Finnish laws, or venue regulations.
If you are being harassed by conference participants, venue staff, or any associated personnel or notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff or contact us at email@example.com. If the person who is harassing you is part of our staff, they will be recused from handling your incident.
Adopted from the guidelines at the 2018 ICPS meeting.